Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tool #8

Discovery Education: Using the Qualities of Good Citizenship to Make a Difference
This video would be useful to use in my classroom because it clearly explains a specific example of how to be a good citizen, and gives students an idea of how they can be involved in their community.

SchoolTube: States of Matter Song
This video would be useful to give students an idea of how to make up a dance to the song that will help them remember the states of matter.

In my experience, videos have been one of the best tools for teaching. They are a great way to keep students engaged in the learning and usually students retain the information they see. Another great thing about videos that I use is rewatching them. It's nice to use them for introducing a topic, and then rewatch the same video at the end of a unit. I like to pause every few seconds so that students can make comments. It's amazing what they are able to recall from the unit to "add" to the video. I use videos all the time, so this particular tool was pretty easy for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment