Thursday, September 30, 2010

After 11 Tools: Reflection

1. Some of my favorite tools were the digital storytelling, image generators, and wikis. I think these are all very kid friendly tools that I will use in my classroom. I have already started using a lot of the tools, but I think I am going to have my students make a digital story over the process of making laws. My class is divided into 3 groups (each for a branch of government), so I think I'll have each group use their work stations time to add to the video.

2. I have always been very quick and eager to use technology in my classroom. However, I have learned some new things. I really want to start implementing the use of wikis, Jing, Skype, and Diigo. These were all tools that I was not aware of before starting this, but I think they are so beneficial. I think having spent a little time with each of these tools, I have transformed my thinking a little bit into realizing that technology can be used much more broadly than I had originally thought.

3. Nothing really surprised me about this program. Like I said, I love technology, have always and will always continue to use it, and am constantly looking for new ways to implement it. This is not to say that this wasn't a learning experience...it definitely was! I learned a few new things, and for the tools I already knew about, my memory has been refreshed and I am much more eager to include these tools in my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment