Friday, September 24, 2010

Tool #3

I decided to use WordItOut to create a word cloud about the Social Studies topic my 3rd graders are currently learning...citizenship. I think this is an extremely simple, yet powerful tool that students can use. It can be used for any subject area, at the beginning of the year for "getting to know you" activities, spelling words, vocabulary, and more. I will definitely be using this in my classroom.

I also decided to create an Animoto video about healthy living. Again, this is a very simple, powerful tools that students can also use. This one, however, goes a little bit deeper and requires higher level thinking because students have to find appropriate pictures to represent concepts. I will definitely be using this for projects and group work, as well as a teaching tool for gaining student attention and sparking their interest in the learning.
http://animoto.com/play/k9fOiQItoc3aWC31jmZgMg?autostart=true

No comments:

Post a Comment