Friday, September 24, 2010

Tool #2

1. I think that being part of an online professional community is a great way to stay connected and learn from each other. When I was student teaching, we were required to have professional learning communities with other student teachers, both in person and online. I was able to learn a lot by having this online for many reasons. It was very easy to stay in touch and have full participation because it was done at our own ease. It was also very easy to learn from each other through comments and the ability to read each other's blogs. I think that technology allows us "think time" so we can compose our thoughts and ideas and really express ourselves in a comfortable setting.

2. The main thing that stood out to me in the commenting advice was that commenting opens the door for people to read each other's blogs. If someone consistently comments on your blog, you are more likely to read their blog, and possibly learn something from them or build a relationship with them.

3. I commented on the following blogs:
Shopping Teacher
Putting the Puzzle Together
Tools for the 21st Century
Summer 2010
Dancer Feet

No comments:

Post a Comment