Saturday, September 25, 2010

Tool # 7


I really enjoyed the digital storytelling. I decided to create mine over a topic my students are currently learning so that I have just one more resource to use in class. I thought it was very simple, but also required a lot of thinking on my part. In other words, it's the perfect tool for a project! I know sometimes I struggle to f ind new ways for students to use their higher level thinking skills, and this is a great way for them to use them all. 

I think I will use this tool to introduce new concepts, specifically concepts with a lot of new vocabulary. I teach in an ESL classroom, so attaching a picture with a new word is a strategy I use quite often, but this is a much simpler, exciting way to do it. I think I will also use this tool for group projects. My students would really enjoy doing this, even the ones that I struggle with getting motivated. I think the students will be able to use those higher level skills without the frustration with this kind of project.

No comments:

Post a Comment