Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tool # 10

I have really enjoyed using the Math Facts Lite app in my classroom. Students really enjoy playing the game, and it really increases their math fact practice. I have had plenty of opportunities to play with these devices because I started 11 Tools after school began. Since my classroom already has the technology, it gives me a chance to preview the apps before I put them out for students to use. These are definitely very fun to play with and make learning so much more fun! There are many ways to use the iTouch in class. I use mine for a workstation, both for Language Arts and Math. I am also able to use them as students finish their work early, and I usually allow students that have "earned" it to have 5 minutes on them as we are transitioning into a new subject. Since I can control what is on them, I know that students can only be doing activities that will help them academically, so I feel very comfortable using them in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment